FATool and Creo® Parametric – formerly Pro/E
In order to meet the demands of today’s highly complex tooling machines and machining processes, more and more companies are betting on coherent 3D-CAD/CAM solutions. This means that the tools and devices used generally have to be set up redundantly in the different systems – the tool database, the CAM system and the simulation software.
The FATool 3D Tool and Operational Resources Management sets new standards in this discipline. FATool uses existing CAD systems for the 3D design of tools and devices and transfers them directly to the CAM systems or simulation programs along with the required technical parameters. Hence, only one definition is needed for all systems involved!
In partnership with vk engineering GmbH, who is expert in the PTC Creo environment, our company has developed an API interface (Toolkit) that makes it possible to directly generate 3D models and assemblies from FATool.
The key functions at a glance:
- Automatic generation of tool and device components from parameter models
- Upload and prepare any manufacturer’s model (STEP, X_T ...)
- Automatically adopt and prepare models in compliance with DIN 4003
- Assemble tool assemblies automatically and adopt the assembly
- Define multi-blade tool assemblies
- Define adjustable, automatically controlled tool assemblies
- Transfer tools and devices to PTC Creo/NC along with the technical parameters
- Archive tools in other formats (STEP, STL, DXF ...) for different applications
- A master model package containing more than 500 parametric models is available
3D tool management – the innovation for your production!