FATool and Siemens NX CAD/CAM
In order to meet the demands of today’s highly complex tooling machines and machining processes, more and more companies are betting on coherent 3D-CAD/CAM solutions. This means that the tools and devices used generally have to be set up redundantly in the different systems – the tool database, the CAM system and the simulation software.
The FATool 3D Tool and Operational Resources Management sets new standards in this discipline. FATool uses existing CAD systems for the 3D design of tools and devices and transfers them directly to the CAM systems or simulation programs along with the required technical parameters. Hence, only one definition is needed for all systems involved!
FASYS has developed an interface to Siemens NX® CAD so that NX® can be used as a graphic machine for the generation of 3D models and assemblies of tools, fixtures or clamps.
The key functions at a glance:
- Generation of tool and device components from parameter models
- Upload and prepare any manufacturer’s model (STEP, X_T ...)
- Fast adopt and prepare models in compliance with DIN 4003
- Assemble tool assemblies and adopt the assembly
- Define multi-blade tool assemblies
- Define adjustable controlled tool assemblies
- Archive tools in other formats (STEP, STL, DXF ...) for different applications
- Transfer tools and devices to Siemens NX® CAM along with the technical parameters
3D tool management – the innovation for your production!