UNC8500i - Siemens PLM | CAM-Interface
The integration of NC programming systems into the FATool Tool and NC Management is achieved with the assistance of the CAM interface. The solution supports the transfer (check-in and check-out) of files, tools, cut data and graphics as well as the start-up of the programming system. To this end, the attainable level of integration largely depends on the options offered by the respective CAM system. During the CAM process, all data records involved are automatically blocked for access by other users and in the DNC.
FASYS has developed an editor and an interface that specifically provides support to UNC8500i under Windows and that implements a direct connection to UNC8500i from FATool.
The key functions at a glance:
- Administration of source program (.unc) and NC data in FATool
- Automatic loading and unloading of the source program
- Configurable editor to replace the Motif applications OFX and EDX
- Automatic generation of the UNC tool line with all parameters/cutting data
- Transfer of the 2D tool assemblies for INT and SIM (.tol)
- Supports multi-blade tool assemblies
- Online read-out of current tool use
CAM integration - optimum NC data organization!