Mastercam | CAM-Interface
The integration of NC programming systems into the FATool Tool and NC Management is achieved with the assistance of the CAM interface. The solution supports the transfer (check-in and check-out) of files, tools, cut data and graphics as well as the start-up of the programming system. To this end, the attainable level of integration largely depends on the options offered by the respective CAM system. During the CAM process, all data records involved are automatically blocked for access by other users and in the DNC.
In partnership with InterCAM Deutschland GmbH, Mastercam’s distributor, FASYS has developed an interface (C-Hook) that implements a direct Mastercam X9 connection from FATool.
The key functions at a glance:
- Administration of source program (.mfg) and NC data in FATool
- Automatic loading and unloading of the source program (.mcx) in Mastercam
- Design model administration, check-out and automatic loading
- Online transfer of 2D tools to Mastercam, incl. technical parameters (cutting data)
- Online read-out of current tool use in Mastercam
- Automatic replacement of tool assemblies (3D) when vericut starts (.tls)
CAM integration - optimum NC data organization!